Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Automotive Oscilloscope > MaxiScope MP408 > It's no PICO , but for $400 who's compla...
It's no PICO , but for $400 who's complaining

1655 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-07-29 02:10:50

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-07-14 19:49:19
     The hardware appears to be the equal of PICO , but the software isn't nearly as well developed , however you would have to be a dumb F with a heck of a lot of fails and extra time wasted using this versus a PICO to cancel out the value point of saving the $1500.
     I have been a bottom feeder waiting for the MP408 price to bottom out and managed to find a new one from a USA dealer for about $400.
      Think I'm going to make a little custom MP408 holder sleeve or bracket to attach MP408 to the back of my tablet, or maybe not and just velcro it to back and  make my Budget Strap On Wannabee :-))

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-07-17 01:23:51 (Reply to:witsend)
     Well,  I'm not complaining yet, but I got my brand new MP408 today unscathed in an undamaged shipping box , and neither my Windows 10 PC or my MaxiSys Elite would recognize the connected USB device whether the MaxiScope program was open or not. I even tried my Autel MaxiFlash Elite USB cable and Tried the latest firmware update from the PC and PC screen went black and PC restarted. Damn ! I was going to send it back to the seller but called support and Maurice remoted in and determined a problem and I decided to get an RGA than dealing with a return to the seller.Hopefully can get swapped out for another new one and not have to deal with any firmware updating afterwards either. Got my fingers crossed.  

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-07-29 02:10:50 (Reply to:witsend)
     I got the defective new MP408 swapped out for an entire new unit and was sent to me the following day  next day delivery. Very impressed.
    I tried out the MaxiScope software on the MaxiSys Elite and found it a little more user friendly than the the PC based MaxiScope software. I try it first time and show settings of  how I did a relative compression check without using any amp clamp using voltage set to AC coupled to get an awesome similar but inverse pattern of what you would see using an amp clamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ORKeez_0c

If you want to check the AC ripple of a battery maintainer or battery charger, you can also set to AC couple at the scope settings in video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMmaDYXk0k
  Total1 Pages